|Strengths||Cutting (-50%), Piercing (-50%), Explosive (-50%), Fire (-25%)|
|Weaknesses||Blunt (+50%), Magic (+50%)|
|Passive||Monastic Influence: Tao is an able fighter with ties to both Ninjas and Monks. When Tao is recruited, the player can recruit an additional two Monks or Ninjas.|
|"Perhaps you mistake the part for the whole."|
This enigmatic mercenary has been observed wandering the land for at least forty years, perhaps far longer. He travels alone and simply, seldom mounted, carrying only a long staff and a small sack of rice, sleeping in barns or under the stars. He is described as tall and slender, speaking little, never giving trouble. Those foolish or desperate enough to bother him have seen that he is lightning quick on both attack and defense.
He seldom enlists in any struggle for long, and may work with Serpent as well as Dragon. He claims to serve neither yin nor yang but only a balance between them. Most mysteriously, he has ties to both monk and ninja organizations, and seems to share some of both their traits.
|Reversal of Fortune||Stamina:|
|Tao is deeply tuned to the balance of things. Anyone dealing harm to such a being will see a portion of it returned to them, for Tao stands at the center of all forces and fates.|
- Despite officially belonging to the Dragon Clan, in "Kenji's Journey" (the original Battle Realms Campaign) Tao can be recruited by Kenji regardless of his clan. That said, however, Tao will only join him if Kenji chooses to recruit the minor Zen Masters that directly oppose his clan's Yin/Yang affiliation. As an example, if Kenji joined the Serpent Clan (Yin) he can only recruit Tao if he chooses to help the Monks (who are dedicated to Yang). The same applies to the Dragon Clan and the Ninjas.
- Tao's BattleGear actually deals 10 blunt damage to the melee attackers.
- "Around, and around"
- "The path is the way"
- "Forward is not backward"
- "Left is right, right is wrong"
- "Let it begin"
- "The cycle continues"
- "In combat, discovery"
- "The balance shifts"
- "Chaos is order"
- "With battle, cleansing!"
- "Through conflict, learning"
|Battle Realms Zen Masters and Characters||WOTW only|
|Dragon||Kenji • Otomo • Kazan • Arah • Garrin • Tao||Teppo|
|Serpent||Kenji • Shinja • Budo • Utara • Vetkin • Necromancer||Taro|
|Lotus||Zymeth • Koril • Issyl • Soban • The Three Brothers (Lythis, Tausil, Sekh)||Yvaine|
|Wolf||Grayback • Longtooth • Shale Lord • Gaihla||Wildeye|
|NPC||Tarrant • Nightvol|