The Town Square is a common structure that all the Clans are able to build, and although they differ greatly in looks from clan to clan, they all serve the same purpose.
AboutThough differing widely in apperance, Town Squares always serve the same function. Regular town meetings help to organize the peasants, improving their ability to effectively harvest and store rice. They are also critical to a community's sense of identity, increasing its storage capacity, prestige, sense of purpose, and consequent accumulation of Yin or Yang energy.
In Winter of the Wolf, the Town Square can also be upgraded to a new, different type of building, to allow for training and upgrading of the new Winter of the Wolf units:
- Dragon Clan: The Dragon Clan's Town Square can be upgraded to the Royal Academy.
- Serpent Clan: The Serpent Clan's Town Square can be upgraded to the Assassins' Den.
- Wolf Clan: The Wolf Clan's Wolfball Court can be upgraded to the Forest Temple.
- Lotus Clan: The Lotus Clan's Town Square can be upgraded to the Flesh Crucible.
- The Wolf Clan's Town Square is called the "Wolfball Court", but it serves exactly the same purpose as the Town Squares of all the other clans, so it is different in name only.